Losing access to your Gmail account might be incredibly frustrating as Gmail has become an inevitable part of academic and work life. Many people get locked out of their Gmail accounts for different sorts of reasons. Some tend to forget their password, some are stuck in security checks and so on. This article is full of suggestions to get their account back for those who have not recovered their accounts yet.
Recovering your Google Account or Gmail
If you can not receive verification codes or have forgotten your passwords or username, follow these steps to recover your Gmail account. However, these steps may not always work out if you use an account of your school, work or another group. You will need administrator help to recover it.
- Forgot your password
- Go to Recover your Google Account or Gmail. Google will ask a few questions in order to verify that it is your account. Answer as correctly as you can. If you still face troubles, try the tips to complete account recovery steps.
- Reset your password when directed. Enter a unique and robust password that you have not already used with this account. You can use any combination of letters, numbers, and symbols to create a strong password.
- Forgot the email address you used to sign in
- Go after the following steps to find your username, where you will need the recovery email address for the account or a phone number and the full name on your account.
- Maintain the instructions to confirm it is your account.
- You will notice a list of usernames that match your account.
- Someone else is using your account.
If you notice suspicious activity on your Google Account, Gmail, or other Google products, there is a high possibility that someone else might be using it without your permission. If you doubt your Google Account or Gmail have been hacked, follow the steps below to help spot strange activity, get back into your account, and make it more protected.
1. Go to the account recovery page and answer the questions as best as you can.
2. Review activity & help secure your hacked Google Account.
- Can not sign in for another reason
If you fail to sign in to your Google Account in Gmail, Google Drive, Google Play, or elsewhere, go to the get help signing in. Pick up the issue appearing on the screen that most closely matches yours. Go along with the instructions for getting back into your account.
- Recover a deleted Google Account
If you have deleted your Google account accidentally, you may be able to get it back. If it has been an eternity since you deleted your account, you might not be able to recover the data in your account. Once you recover your account, you can sign in as usual to Gmail, Google Play, and other Google services.
You have to follow these steps after opening recovers your account.:
- Google will ask you several questions to confirm it is your account. Answer the questions correctly. If you are still facing issues, follow tips to complete account recovery steps.
- When you recover your account, create a secure password that you have not already used with this account.
Tips to Restore your Gmail Account
It is a cut above to prepare ahead of time. You can take the following steps in order to keep your account secure.
- BACK UP YOUR ACCOUNT REGULARLY
When you have a recent backup of your data, it will be less of a blow of pressure if you suddenly lose your account. You can download all data from your Google apps or just from a single app like Gmail.
- KEEP A RECORD OF YOUR OLD PASSWORD
Google verifies your account by asking you to enter your previous password. Many people tend to forget their passwords if it has been a while since they changed their passwords. So every time you change your password, try to keep a record of your old and new password somewhere safe.
You can apply a password manager to keep track of your old passwords. As most password managers offer to update the current password, you can create a new entry and edit the old one.
- SET UP A RECOVERY EMAIL ACCOUNT
You can set another email account from a different service as your recovery Gmail account. Follow the steps to set up:
- Open the “Ways we can verify it’s you” section and go to the “Recovery email.”
- Enter your chosen recovery email address, click on ‘Verify’, and wait for Google to send a six-digit verification code. Go to the email, copy the code, and return to the recovery page to type in the code.
- Your recovery email will be verified once you receive a small pop-up notification.
If you need a Gmail account service for creating it bulk, please click here.
Gmail account is one of the crucial things that we use in our daily life. You can recover your Gmail account if you have lost it for any reason and restore your essential data. Besides, try to take necessary steps before any accident happens, and you lose your access to the Gmail account.
Recommended Article 1
Recommended Article 2
Recommended Article 3
Recommended Article 4
Recommended Article 5
Recommended Article 6
Recommended Article 7
Recommended Article 8
Recommended Article 9
Recommended Article 10