Kolkata Chicken Chaap Recipe is basically sluggish cooked chicken tangadi that is marinated for the time being, for the chicken to take in every one of the flavors. It is then cooked in a rich and delectable onion, ginger-garlic, cashews and poppy seeds sauce.
Kolkata Chicken Chaap Recipe is a lip-smacking recipe of slow cooked marinated chicken legs with bone. Chicken chaap is a taken on Nawabi dish which is eminent in Calcutta/Kolkata because of authentic rule of Bengal Nawabs. There are numerous cafés in Kolkata with their own popular recipe for a chicken chaap, and here is my rendition of this most loved dish. Biryani is privately presented with a Royal Chicken chaap for sides, without which the biryani is accepted to be deficient.
This is a zesty, flavourful and rich dish that can likewise be presented with roomali roti, pulao or naan. Normally, the chicken legs are marinated for the time being and afterward sluggish cooked in impressive spread/ghee.
Serve Kolkata Chicken Chaap Recipe (Slow Cooked Marinated Chicken Legs) with Mutton Biryani Recipe and Tomato Onion Cucumber Raita Recipe for a total dinner.
2 Chicken legs
1 cup Hung Curd (Greek Yogurt)
1 Dry Red Chili
2 Bay leaves (tej patta)
1 inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
1 Onion , ground to glue
2 inch Ginger , ground or glue
5 cloves Garlic , minced
2 teaspoon Red Chili powder
1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
1-1/2 tablespoon Cashew nuts , ground to glue
3 tablespoons Poppy seeds , absorbed warm water for 20 minutes
Kewra Water , a couple of drops
Ghee , or spread as expected for cooking
Salt , to taste
1 squeeze Sugar
The most effective method to make Kolkata Chicken Chaap Recipe
- To start making Kolkata Chicken Chaap Recipe , first douse poppy seeds into warm water for 20 minutes.
- In the interim set up the new Garam masala rapidly. You may likewise utilize the put away garam masala yet the newly made garam masala is more flavourful.
- Clean the chicken, wash well, wipe them off and with a fork, prick all around the chicken till the bone in a few spots.
- In a blender, take the doused poppy seeds and cashewnut together to make a smooth glue, by adding a little water. Take it out in a bowl. With the assistance of a little water, grind coarsely hacked onions, ginger and garlic cloves in a fine glue.
- In a major blending bowl, add curd, ground onion-ginger-garlic glue, red bean stew powder, garam masala powder, a little salt and a spot of sugar and race with a hand whisk or a fork till equally joined.
- Pour this marinade all around the chicken, blend well. Add a spoonful of ghee on it and coat the chicken, this will keep the chicken delicate and succulent subsequent to being cooked. Cover and put the chicken in fridge for at least 5 hours. You can marinate chicken short-term to come by best outcomes when the recipe is finished.
- Once finished, take the marinated chicken out from the cooler and let them defrost to nearly room temperature prior to cooking.
- In a wide kadai or handi add around 2 tablespoons of ghee on medium intensity. When the ghee is hot, temper with cove leaf, entire red bean stew and cinnamon stick and mix for a brief period.
- After the smell of cinnamon rises, shake off the marinade from the chicken legs and put them in hot ghee. Turn the intensity to medium and slow cook for around 15-20 minutes flipping the legs now and again.
- When the leg is practically cooked, add the leftover marinade and cook for around 10 additional minutes for all the crude smell of onion ginger garlic to vanish.
- Presently add cashew and poppy seed glue. Cook for another 20-30 minutes and till the flavors are dried and the dish meets up and smells divine. Add 1 or 2 drops of kewra water, mix and switch off.
- Serve Kolkata Chicken Chaap Recipe (Slow Cooked Marinated Chicken Legs) with Mutton Biryani Recipe and Tomato Onion Cucumber Raita Recipe for a total dinner.