Kumbalanga thoran recipe with bit by bit photographs – one more fast recipe of thoran made with kumbalanga or debris gourd. It is additionally called as white gourd or petha or winter melon. To find out about thoran you could peruse my post on Beetroot thoran. I like thoran produced using any veggie, from Cabbage thoran to Beans thoran to carrot thoran to banana strip thoran. So here is a recipe of debris gourd thoran.
Debris gourd is effectively accessible in south India and maharashtra… . However I have not had the option to track down it in Delhi. Its an exquisite veggie and very not quite the same as different gourds. I recollect my mom adding debris gourd to sambar with different veggies and furthermore making debris gourd thoran and debris gourd upkari. Its likewise included Avial which is one of the most well known recipe from Kerala.
This is a simple recipe of debris gourd and doesn’t find opportunity to plan. You can likewise have this dish with chapatis.
• ▢200 grams debris gourd (kumbalanga or white gourd or petha or winter melon) – stripped and cleaved
• ▢1 medium onion – cleaved finely
• ▢1 green stew – slashed finely
• ▢½ teaspoon mustard seeds (rai)
• ▢½ teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera) – discretionary
• ▢½ teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
• ▢2 twigs of curry leaves (kadi patta)
• ▢¾ cup ground coconut
• ▢1 to 1.5 tablespoon coconut oil
• ▢salt as required
• Hack the debris gourd and keep them prepared with the slashed onions and green stew.
• In a skillet, heat the coconut oil. Add the mustard seeds and when they pop add the cumin seeds. At the point when the cumin seeds sizzle in the hot oil add the onions. Broil the onions till straightforward.
• Add the curry leaves and green bean stew. Sear for certain seconds.
• Presently add the debris gourd.
• Add the turmeric powder and saute briefly.
• Cover the dish and let the debris gourd cook in its own juices. Try not to add water as debris gourd has sufficient water in it. Cook for 7-8 minutes till the debris gourd is practically finished. Then add the ground coconut.
• Blend the coconut well with the veggie. Add salt and cook covered for several minutes.
• Serve debris gourd thoran as a side dish or with dal and rice or sambar and rice. You can likewise have this dish with chapatis.
Arrangement to make debris gourd recipe
1. Flush the debris gourd, eliminate their seeds and slash the debris gourd.
2. Measure every one of the flavors, slash the onion and green bean stew. Additionally save the ground coconut prepared for the thoran.
3. In a dish, heat 1 to 1.5 tablespoon coconut oil. Add ½ teaspoon of mustard seeds.
4. Let the mustard seeds pop.
5. Add ½ teaspoon of cumin seeds.
6. At the point when the cumin seeds sizzle in the hot oil. Add 1 medium measured hacked onion.
7. Sear the onions till straightforward.
8. Add 2 branches of curry leaves and 1 finely cleaved green stew.
9. Sear for certain seconds.
10. Presently add 200 grams of debris gourd.
11. Add ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder (haldi).
12. Blend well. Saute the veggie briefly.
13. Cover the dish and let the debris gourd cook in its own juices.
14. Continue to actually look at in timespans to 3 minutes. In the event that the debris gourd seems dry, add some water. Some debris gourd might require water while cooking. Some debris gourd may not need water while cooking. It relies upon the quality and size of debris gourd, so add water whenever required.
15. Cook for 7-8 minutes or additional time till the debris gourd is Almost finished. again the timing will differ according to the nature of debris gourd, dish thickness and fire.
16. When the debris gourd is practically cooked, then, at that point, add ¾ cup of new ground coconut.
17. Blend the coconut well with the veggie.
18. Add salt as required.
19. Cook covered for two or three minutes.
Serve debris gourd thoran as a side dish or with dal tadka and rice or sambar and rice. You can likewise have this dish with chapatis.