Chana jor garam is a yummy namkeen. So many people love it my family included. Black chickpeas are usually eaten as a curry or as navratri prasad kale chane. However,this recipe is just as great if you want a power packed snack with your evening tea. Spicy fried protein full of flavor and crunch. You can have it as it is or add some onions and tomatoes to it with some lemon. Make a chaat out of it. However, the only thing which makes you limit this namkeen is that it is fried. So here is a recipe which you will love as it is baked and not fried. Baked chana jor garam recipe is definitely for keeps. Roasted chana jor garam is definitely taking the extra calories away.Baking still gets you the crunch. You just need to store it in an air-tight jar. Enjoy without the oil and its calories. Plus no guilt!So, don’t worry and enjoy this snack as it is or with some murmura or puffed rice.
Air fryer/ fan forced oven
Pressure cooker/Instant pot for boiling chickpeas
Black chickpeas /tyson chickpeas soaked overnight
Salt as per taste
For making chaat:
Onion finely chopped
Green chilly chopped
Coriander for garnish
How to make chana jor garam in oven?
- Boil black chickpeas with salt.
- Press them with a rolling pin after covering with baking sheet.
- Press it until they flatten completely.
- In a baking tray, add all the chickpeas and spray it with oil.
- Pre-heat oven for 10 mins. Bake it in a fan forced oven at 160 deg C for 18-20 mins.
- Store it in an air tight container.
How to make chana jor garam in air fryer ?
- Flatten the chickpeas as shown above.Move them into a air fryer basket.
- Preheat air fryer for 5 mins at 160 deg C.Air fry at 160 deg C for 13-15 mins(or until crisp).
- Spray oil twice during the cook.
How to make Chana jor garam chat ?
- Toss booked or air fried chana jor garam with freshly cut onion,tomato,coriander and lemon juice.
- Serve immediately.