Let’s start by talking about an oncologist. An oncologist is a doctor who has expertise in treating cancer. Cancer is a multifaceted illness. Some best oncologist in India who specialize in different types of cancer, such as surgical oncologist, radiation oncologists, and medical oncologist, are the three main fields of study that make up oncology in terms of treatments.
The roles of an oncologist:
Throughout the disease, an oncologist oversees a patient’s care. The diagnosis is where it initially starts. Their function entails:
- Recommending testing to check for cancer in potential patients
- Conveying a diagnosis of cancer, including the disease’s type and stage
- Discussing treatment choice and all available treatment options
- Providing efficient and intense care, and
- Helping to prevent the adverse effects of cancer treatment
Various types of treatment, such as drugs, surgery, or/and radiation therapy, may be part of a person’s cancer treatment. When cells in your body divide more quickly than usual, cancer can result. These abnormal cells develop into a mass or tumor.
There are four stages of cancer, namely stages 1,2,3, and 4.
How is cancer’s stage determined?
Healthcare professionals will run tests to ascertain the degree and seriousness of cancer. The staging is usually done by a pathologist. The greater the number of the population, the greater the spread of cancer.
There are five primary cancer types. These are:
Cancer is treated in the following ways:
- Radiation therapy
- Hormone therapy
- Bone marrow transplant
Types of Oncologists:
Out of the different oncologists, we can find the best oncologists in India who offer their specialized services for cancer therapy depending on the stage, type, and location of cancer. The three primary subfields of oncology are medical, radiation, and surgical, and there are a couple of other sub-specialties. Other sub-specialties include gynecologic oncologists, pediatric oncologists, hematologist oncologists, and neuro-oncologists.
Cancer detected in its early stages or advanced stage can be treated by surgery. Common explanations for requiring this kind of treatment include:
- To prevent cancer,
- To confirm if the cancer is present in the body,
- To check its severity,
Surgical oncologists treat different types of cancer: breast, skin, lung, uterus, bones, colon, spine, kidney, gall bladder, throat, and esophagus.
Breast cancer is the second most prevalent malignancy after skin cancer. Both men and women can develop breast cancer, but women are much more prone to do so. Breast cancer diagnosis and treatment have advanced thanks to significant investment in research and awareness campaigns. With earlier identification, a novel customized approach to therapy, and a better knowledge of the disease, breast cancer survival rates have improved, and the number of fatalities linked to the disease is rapidly reducing.
What are the symptoms?
- A growth or thickening that feels distinct from the tissue around it,
- Size, form, or appearance changes,
- Skin modifications like dimpling,
- Pigmented region of skin peeling, crusting, scaling, or flaking, and
- There can/may be redness
Some of the best breast surgeon Turkey are known for their great contributions to the field of surgical oncology.
The cancer care team will review the treatment choices with the patient if they have been detected with breast cancer. The patient should carefully consider all the options and balance the advantages of each course of treatment with any potential drawbacks.
Breast cancer can be treated with the following approaches:
- Local Treatments- Some medical procedures, such as radiation and surgery, are local, which means they just target the tumor and have no effect on the body. Breast cancer patients most likely will undergo surgery to remove the tumor. You may require another treatment in addition to surgery, occasionally both, depending on the stage of your breast cancer.
- Systematic Treatments- Since medicines can reach cancer cells practically anywhere in the body, drugs used to treat breast cancer are referred to as systemic therapy. They can be administered orally, intramuscularly, or straight into the bloodstream. Various pharmacological therapies may be employed depending on the stage of breast cancer, including:
- Hormone therapy
- Targeted Drug therapy
Usually, the kind of breast cancer and its stage determine the course of treatment. The additional considerations are your general health, menopause status, and personal preferences.
A new lump or mass is the most typical sign of breast cancer, but there may also be other signs. Any breast change should be examined by a medical professional. While many women with breast cancer have no symptoms, it is occasionally discovered after symptoms start showing up. This justifies the significance of routine breast cancer screening. Breast cancer can be found and diagnosed using a variety of tests.