Here are several of the major specs on the HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 all-in-one printer:
- Approximately 19 ppm for publishing black and 19 ppm printing shade (typical top quality).
- 15,000 web page monthly duty cycle.
- 250 sheet input tray, 250 sheet second paper tray, 50 sheet automatic paper feeder.
- Up to 1200 × 1200 dpi output for black and 4800 × 1200 dpi for shade.
- 384 Mhz with 128 MEGABYTES RAM (not expanding).
- Up to 4800 (48-bit) dpi check resolution.
- Memory card port sustains CompactFlash Kind I and also II, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, Memory Stick Pro Duo, Secure Digital (SD), SDHC, MMC, miniSD, microSD.
- 1 USB 2.0 port, 1 Ethernet port, PictBridge, 1 RJ-11 fax port, as well as 1 cordless 802.11 b/g port.
- Overall weight of printer is 33.8 extra pounds as well as power intake of 55 watts.
- Introduction & Recap.
- For those of you that do not want to review the entire review, I have written up a brief summary of the positives as well as downsides of the printer.
- Printing top quality is of excellent quality, both color and also black.
- Scanning is fast and replicates the initial document extremely well.
- Ability to check lawful dimension records.
- The double-sided printing functions well and is decently quickly.
- Linking to wireless network is quick and simple.
- Software application works on both Mac and PC.
- Flash memory card ports permits very easy picture printing as well as easy storage space of scans.
- Capacity to scan and also immediately shop digital duplicates of records and photos to a network place.
- Print rate is slower than marketed (around 9 ppm for black and also white during my examinations).
- Starting up printer for the very first time takes a long time.
- Software takes up greater than 600 megabytes on the hard drive as well as slows down computer.
- Software program includes many programs that can confuse the beginner individual.
- Shutting off and also turning on printer takes numerous minutes because of self tests.
- Power save mode has problems such as the printer not awakening when you send a print work to it, calling for a full reboot of the printer.
- When duplicating files, the printer regularly avoids web pages altogether. This happens when faxing too.
- Not able to choose color or black and also white when scanning from front panel.
On the whole, I would provide the printer a 3 star ranking and also a buy suggestion just if you obtain it for $269. It’s an excellent printer, but several of the problems that it has are big enough to take into consideration an additional printer unless dealt with.
What remains in the box?
- HP Officejet Pro 8500 All-in-One printer.
- Automatic two-sided printing device.
- Second 250-sheet paper tray.
- Black/Yellow printhead, Cyan/Magenta printhead.
- 2 Black ink cartridges, 2 Cyan ink cartridges, 2 yellow ink cartridges, and 2 magenta ink cartridges.
- 1 power supply with power cord.
- 1 phone cable.
- 1 big configuration poster.
- 2 CD-ROMs (Officejet printer software as well as Readiris Pro 11).
- Establishing Printer.
Obtaining the Officejet 8500 Pro out of package and also working wasn’t as fast as I would certainly have expected. Unboxing the printer was very easy sufficient and installing all the parts, such as the double-sided printer accessory and also the second paper tray, were straightforward as well as simple.
Installing the ink cartridges was likewise fairly easy and didn’t take much time. Simply unload and pop them right into the ports. Though it did take a couple of shots to obtain the printheads into the ports precisely (top image).
officejet 8500 printheads.
Once you get those mounted, you load up the paper as well as plug in the printer. This is where the process got really time-consuming. When you power on the device the first time, it takes a tremendous 20 to 25 minutes to calibrate and also align itself.
Personally, I don’t think you need to really need to wait that long for a printer to become functional! Either way, while you wait it claims to proceed and install the printer software program.
Consisted of Software program.
I was really not pleased with the setup of the HP software application. Firstly, it took virtually half an hour to set up the software program and also secondly, it had plenty of lots of programs that I did not really think I was going to make use of.
In general, if you install the software application using the default options, it uses up a massive 600 to 800 megabytes on your computer system! For me, that is totally unnecessary for an all-in-one printer.
If you set up simply the driver, it’ll still hit you back 270 MEGABYTES. The software application has become extremely bloated and also will certainly reduce your equipment.
What I enjoyed about was obtaining the printer onto the cordless network. You can do it from the front panel on the printer and it was able to connect to my protected wireless network with no issues.
Additionally, once it’s attached, the software application will try to find the printer on the network immediately and initialize it. That additionally really did not have any type of problems, i.e. firewall program troubles, and so on.
Once the arrangement is completed, you’ll exist with a food selection where you can arrangement other added attributes of the printer, such as Digital Declaring, Digital Fax, as well as extra. Once they are arrangement, you can email scans or scan straight to a network location.
officejet 8500 software program.
However, the rate of the printer is not as quick as I was expecting. Overall, though, it’s still quite fast for an inkjet printer.
I published out a 5 web page record with simply message as well as it took about 35 secs to publish. This equates right into regarding 9 ppm, which is less than the 19 ppm it is supposed to be able to publish on regular setting.
If you publish a longer file, the printing speed does increase a little to around 11 ppm. For shade records, it’s also lower than stated on the spec sheet, yet this could be as a result of the kind of shade print tested.
Ultimately, double-sided printing is sluggish at around 3 ppm. If you’re seeking to do a great deal of double-sided printing, you will certainly not enjoy with this rate.
In general, I enjoyed with the scan quality and also rate of the Officejet 8500 Pro. You can pick to check to email, scan to computer system, check to a USB stick or flash memory card, or scan to reprint.
The Officejet did a very good task or reproducing images and even message documents when scanned. Shades were accurate as well as the top quality was general very wonderful. Scanning was most likely the one feature of the all-in-one printer that functioned effectively and as marketed.
Both of these features would have excellent ratings if it were except the reality that they merely did not work often. After evaluating several times, I located that the copier consistently missed out on pages while duplicating.
If I positioned a 5 page paper to be duplicated, just about each and every single time, only 4 pages would certainly obtain duplicated. That is just inappropriate for such a premium printer, especially one that is tailored in the direction of small offices.
This very same issue happens when faxing, which is simply dreadful since your customers may not obtain all the pages needed. The various other major concern is that the printer assumes it copied/faxed every little thing, when it actually didn’t! Huge problem there.
My basic feeling is that the HP Officejet 8500 Pro is an excellent all-in-one printer, but as a result of a few huge problems, it stops working to make the mark. On the whole, you will more than happy with the printer as long as you have a really quick computer with lots of free disk drive area as well as you procure a printer that does not miss web pages when copying and faxing.