Unicorns are magical creatures that have captured the hearts of all people young and old. It’s not surprising that many people are obsessed with them! So if you are looking for a simple way to create your own unicorn cupcakes, this is the perfect tutorial for you. With just a few ingredients, you’ll be able to make some delicious treats that will have everyone drooling in no time. If you’re ready, grab your whisk, and let’s get started.
-1/8 cup of butter, softened
-1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
-3/4 cup of flour
-1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
-3/4 teaspoon salt
-1 tablespoon of almond milk (or any other non-dairy milk)
-Food coloring (optional)
Steps to Make The Cupcakes
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar in a bowl and stir to combine.
3. Add the milk and vanilla extract to the flour mixture, stirring until it forms a smooth batter.
4. Fill cupcake liners with about 1/2-3/4 cup of batter each (depending on how large your liners are).
5. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned on top and an inserted toothpick comes out cleanly (you may need to bake them longer depending on your oven).
6. Allow the cupcakes to cool in the pan for five minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting them with the cream cheese frosting below.
Decorating the Cupcakes
First, you’ll want to start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Next, grab two bowls and combine the sugar and butter in one bowl. Then, add the eggs and vanilla extract to the other bowl. Give them both a good stir until they are well mixed.
After that, sift some flour into the wet ingredients and stir it in thoroughly. Make sure there are no streaks of dry ingredients before you pour the mixture into different cups or baking pans.
Next, let’s get started on our frosting! You can either go with a simple buttercream or a more complicated cream cheese frosting. If you are opting for the buttercream frosting, melt 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter in a small dish before adding it to your electric mixer. Once all of the butter is melted, add 2 cups of powdered sugar on top while mixing on low speed until it is well combined with no lumps remaining. Add 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract at this time too for some extra flavor!
If you’re going for the cream cheese frosting instead, then just grab some cream cheese out of your fridge along with some powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Use an electric mixer to combine them together until they are light and fluffy – about 4 minutes should do it!
Now that you have your frosting ready to go, let’s get started on decorating these delicious cupcakes! You can either pipe designs on top or use frosting flowers as I did.
There are many reasons to love cupcakes. They’re cute, they’re easy to make and they’re perfect for sharing. If you’ve never tried making your own cupcakes before, this easy tutorial for beginners will show you the ropes. The process might seem daunting, but once you see how easy it is to make unicorn cupcakes, you’ll be hooked. Just follow these simple steps and you’ll be on your way to making these sweet treats in no time.