One way to enjoy the summertime in Las Vegas and its resort line street, glamorous lighting, and other exciting attractions is exploring the beauty in your dream car. As exciting as the thought may be, choosing a car that perfectly suits your needs without blowing up your budget can be daunting.
However, picking a befitting ride at a low cost in a car auction in Las Vegas is definitely a plus to your dream. Although many people believe that salvaged cars in car auctions are not useful anymore, the value and freedom to choose from a wide range of models are unbeatable.
Luckily for you, we’ll walk you through what salvaged vehicles are, the advantages of banking on them, and top car auction websites where you can get them.
Are Salvage Cars Really Worth It?
Salvage cars are vehicles that have been declared totaled by an insurance company. These cars have been damaged to the extent that they are no longer fit for use. Salvage cars are usually vehicles damaged by auto crash accidents, weather, theft, or another unfortunate event.
Buying a salvaged car might appear as something strange. This is because many people stay off these cars as they may seem unreliable since they may have suffered irreparable damage. However, owning and buying a salvaged title car is even more advantageous than you can imagine.
One of the biggest pros of buying a salvaged car is its low cost. Buying a salvaged vehicle is especially useful for people looking for luxury rides. It’s always a dream come true; buying your dream ride with little to no repair cost. Meanwhile, you will also save a lot with a salvaged car since they are always auctioned at a lower price.
Another reason to buy a salvaged car is its low repair cost. While these cars may have a bad appearance, a few touches from your mechanics is enough to have them hitting the road like a brand new ride. However, it is crucial to assess the vehicle’s state and get all information from an inspector before purchasing a salvage vehicle.
Meanwhile, damage is not the only reason a car gets totaled. Clean cars can also get totaled in cases of theft or when the car is used as part of an expensive settlement. Therefore, you can easily pick a neat and excellent ride from theft recovery salvage vehicles or insurance auto auctions.
Tips for Finding The Perfect Ride in a Car Auction
Participating in physical and online car auctions can be complex for new bidders. It’s always an adrenaline-filled process blended with a leap of faith in an unseen item. However, a car auction is like a treasure hunt. All you have to do is find the hidden gem.
Here are a few tips to help you find the perfect ride in a car auction:
- Know your Wants and Needs: When choosing a suitable ride, needs and wants take precedence over everything else. For the most exciting part of it, many people will go for a minivan or sub-SUV that suits their personality while dreaming of an ecstatic road trip across the national park.
However, in reality, you probably have kids, a pregnant wife, and work. Before planning other things, ensure you scale up your preference to suit your immediate needs.
- Plan Your Budget: Even if you’re paying outright cash for your purchase, cutting your coat according to your size is important when planning to buy from a car auction company. Still, your financial capability will give a general overview of your budget and plans on effectively financing the purchase hassle-free.
- Have Relevant Information: If you’re going for an auction, ensure you know every detail about the car you want to buy. It is essential to check all vital information from the listing. You can use the Vehicle Identification Number to get a historical overview report of the car from websites like AutoCheck. This way, you can know the vehicle’s history of damages, accidents, maintenance, and recalls.
- Get Familiar with the Rules: One rule of several auction houses is knowing the rules. Each company has specific rules for participating in car auctioning, for instance, bidding, payment, shipment, etc. Ensure you get the hang of how things go before participating in them.
- Choose the Right Car Auction Company: Typically, one of the first things you should consider when choosing an auction house is the type of vehicles they offer. Also, ensure you check out every available information on what they have to offer you. Look for relevant details, title information, descriptions, and VIN that might help you research the vehicle.
Finally, check out online reviews and information about the company. You should ensure you have a good knowledge of the company’s reputation, customer service, and year of experience.
Where to buy Salvage Vehicles?
There are tons of places where you can buy or auction salvage vehicles. However, taking note of the points above will not only fetch you a good deal but also the best and most reliable ride that suits your needs.
If you’re still confused about choosing an excellent auction house, here’s is a list of the top five places you can get your salvaged car:
- SCA Auctions
SCA Auctions is a professional car auction company in more than 170 locations across North America. SCA boasts of more than 300,000 vehicles of different types and models, ranging from cars to motorcycles, snowmobiles, watercraft and more, all coming from different sources.
The company provides an enabling platform for intending car buyers to bid for their perfect classic, used, or exotic cars anytime, anywhere. Meanwhile, its ever-able support team is on the alert to help users join a bid, buy and ship their vehicles.
- Worldwide Auctioneers
Located in Indiana, Worldwide Auctioneers is home to a wide range of private and neatly used vintage cars. The company boasts an excellent track record in marketing, researching, trading, and auctioning good cars.
Besides car auctioning services, they also offer private collection sales to help buyers choose their dream car via one-on-one consultation.
- Quincy Auction
Quincy Auction is a Massachusetts-based digital auction house that has been operating for more than 30 years. The company auctions the best lease, bank, and rental vehicles with cutting-edge auctioning technology. Meanwhile, its expert and dedicated staff are available to provide 24/7 support for buyers and customers throughout auctions.
- GAA Classic Car
GAA Classic Car Auctions is a North Carolina-based open auctioning platform for intending car buyers and collectors. The company houses more than 600 cars perfectly suited for different explorations in different weather per auction.
- Greater Detroit Auto Auction
This Michigan-based company trades, sells and auctions all sorts of vehicle and vehicle parts. Buyers and collectors can auction more than 200 items online or during public car auctions.
Buying salvaged vehicles is an excellent way of getting what you want within or below your budget. For one, they come at a lower price, then the cost of repairing them is not expensive.
However, it is important to choose a good auction house where you are sure you can get the best value for your money. Ensure you know every detail about the car and the company auctioning it before throwing your money at the car.