Semi dry sabzi of pan-seared Banana stem in onion tadka and seasoned with curry powder, red bean stew powder and cumin powder, presented with phulka.
Banana Stem Sabzi Recipe With Curry Powder is a semi dry sabzi that is made by pan-searing the banana stem. A dash of yogurt to include a hint of harshness, South Indian curry powder, cumin powder and stew powder are added to make it flavourful.
Ensure that you hack the banana stem when you are prepared with different fixings to set up this dish, since the cleaved banana stem begins becoming earthy colored sooner because of contact with air. Note that while you slash the internal skin of the banana stem, you will find the fiber coming out each time you cut into stem, continue taking them out while continuing. One ought to track down ways of incorporating the banana stem in diet once in a while since it has purging properties and keeps kidneys healthy. You could in fact stash it for lunch boxes.
Serve Banana Stem Sabzi Recipe With Curry Powder alongside Lobia Masala Recipe (Black Eyed Bean Curry), Phulka and Indian Vegetable Salad Recipe for lunch or supper.
1 Banana Stem , external layer eliminated and cleaved
1 Onion , hacked
1-1/2 teaspoons Red Chili powder
1-1/2 teaspoons Curry powder
1 squeeze Turmeric powder (Haldi)
1 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
2 teaspoons Curd (Dahi/Yogurt)
Salt , to taste
2 teaspoons Gram flour (besan)
2 teaspoons Oil
1 teaspoon Mustard seeds (Rai/Kadugu)
1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
2 twig Curry leaves
The most effective method to make Banana Stem Poriyal Recipe With Curry Powder
- To start making Banana Stem Sabzi Recipe With Curry Powder, prep every one of the fixings first. Then make cuts on the layer of banana stem and afterward dispose of the external covering.
- Cut the banana stem and as you do, you will find the fiber coming out each time you cut into stem, continue taking them out while continuing. Once cut, take each cut and hack them to around 1 cm pieces.
- Take a kadai and intensity cooking oil in it. When the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds and permit them to splutter. When they do splutter, include the cumin seeds and permit to sizzle.
- Add curry leaves right away a little on medium intensity till the curry leaves fresh up a little.
- Add the hacked onions, and continue sauteing on medium intensity until they turn clear.
- Include the cleaved banana stem pieces and cook with a touch of water. Cook covered till the banana stem is relaxed and cooked. You can pick to half-cook the banana stem also, contingent upon your inclination. The sabzi will be crunchier assuming the stem is half-cooked.
- Once finished, add the flavors, cumin powder, curry powder or sambar powder, red bean stew powder, besan (adding besan is discretionary. I utilized it to douse the additional water added), salt and give a pleasant mix till consolidated.
- Save on medium intensity for 1-2 minutes, check for preparing and change. Switch off heat.
- Serve Banana Stem Sabzi Recipe With Curry Powder alongside Lobia Masala Recipe (Black Eyed Bean Curry), Phulka and Indian Vegetable Salad Recipe for lunch or supper.