Yam leaves and tomato salad with a straightforward vinaigrette dressing. It’s a simple to-make, sound, and delectable side dish that matches well with your #1 barbecued meat or fish.
1 pack kamote leaves
1 huge Roma tomato, diced
2 shallots, stripped and cut daintily
1/4 cup vinegar
2 cloves garlic, stripped and minced
1 teaspoon fish sauce
1 teaspoon canola or olive oil
1/2 teaspoon sugar
salt and pepper to taste
1. Pick the leaves from the stems. Under cool, running water, wash and channel well.
2. Steam kamote leaves for around 1 to 2 minutes or just until shriveled. Or on the other hand, in a pot over medium intensity, heat around 2 cups of water to the point of boiling. Momentarily plunge leaves in the bubbling water for around 10 to 20 seconds or recently shriveled.
3. Quickly dive passes on in chilled water for around 30 to 40 seconds or until cold. Channel well.
4. In a bowl, consolidate kamote leaves, tomatoes, and shallots.
5. In a little bowl, consolidate vinegar, garlic, fish sauce, oil, sugar, and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Drizzle dressing over salad and tenderly prepare to join.
- Make the plate of mixed greens extra yummy by adding cleaved salted eggs (itlog na maalat) for a hint of exquisite flavor.
- Throw in some slashed Thai stew peppers in the event that you need a kick of flavor.
- In the event that putting away for future feasts, keep the vegetables and dressing in isolated holders to keep up with surface. You can likewise seed the tomatoes to keep from diluting the plate of mixed greens.