Rava dhokla or Suji ka Dhokla is a delicate, cushioned, steamed flavorful cake produced using rava (suji or semolina or cream of wheat) along with spices, flavors, white sesame seeds and finished off with coconut and coriander leaves. For the raising of the player, organic product salt (eno) is utilized. Typically, this recipe is made with curd (yogurt) yet here I share a delicious vegetarian recipe made with lemon juice.
This recipe I realized when I was working in a school. The instructor partners were examining on the best way to make this recipe of rava dhokla. At the point when they were talking, my brain was enrolling every one of the subtleties of this dish.
At the point when I returned home, I told my mother the entire technique and she made it the exceptionally following day. It was hit in our home and till today mother makes rava dhokla frequently. The recipe which we would make utilized curd (yogurt) or buttermilk.
Yet, this suji ka dhokla recipe is made with lemon squeeze and water. This blend of lemon squeeze and water has exactly the intended effect. You won’t see any distinction in that frame of mind of the rava dhokla made with yogurt and this one.
This is a simple, speedy and heavenly dhokla assortment and doesn’t need maturation. I have steamed the suji dhokla in an electric cooker. A dhokla liner or even a burner pressure cooker or Instant pot or a pot likewise functions admirably for steaming. You can likewise make it in a microwave.
I propose utilizing eno or natural product salt to make the player vaporous and light. I don’t add baking soft drink as a raising fixing, since I could do without its sudsy scent. Nonetheless, on the off chance that you can’t get eno or natural product salt, then utilize baking soft drink all things considered.
This is a speedy delicious nibble choice and goes best with coriander chutney or papaya sambharo or mint-coriander chutney or mint chutney or any green chutney of your decision.
The most effective method to make Rava Dhokla
1. In a blending bowl take the beneath referenced fixings and blend them completely with a spoon.
1 cup rava/semolina (utilize fine assortment of suji and not the coarser assortment)
ginger-stew glue (½ inch ginger + 1 green bean stew – squashed and made into a glue in a mortar-pestle)
1 tablespoon or 1.25 tablespoon lemon juice
½ teaspoon sugar
salt as required
½ cup water or as required.
Try not to add the organic product salt (eno) at this step. Save to the side for 15 to 20 minutes. The player must be marginally thicker than the Idli Batter.
2. While the hitter is resting and before you add eno to the player, set up your searches for gold. First oil a steaming shallow dish with oil and put away.
Next in a pot or a pot take 2 cups of water. Place a little trivet in the pot inside the water. Carry this water to a delicate bubble on medium intensity.
Then add 1 teaspoon eno or natural product salt. The expansion of eno helps in raising the hitter and gives a delicate cushy surface to the suji dhokla.
3. Mix energetically and rush to blend. Ensure the organic product salt is circulated equitably in the hitter. Nonetheless, don’t exaggerate the blending as you don’t need the air pockets to escape from the hitter.
4. Immediately empty the hitter into the pre-arranged lubed dish. So before you make the hitter oil a steaming dish very well with oil as I have referenced previously.
5. Spread the player in the container with a spoon. Then shake the container to level out the hitter. Put the container on the trivet on the pan.
You can steam the rava dhokla combination utilizing a burner pressure cooker, an electric rice cooker or the Instant Pot.
6. Cover the pan or dish or liner with a top and steam for approx 15 to 20 minutes. I involved an electric liner and steamed it for precisely 20 minutes.
Check with a toothpick to see the doneness and in the event that the toothpick confesses all and there is no tacky player on it, then, at that point, the rava dhokla is steamed well. Eliminate and permit to cool for 5 to 6 minutes.
7. Here you have 2 choices. You can add the treating combination straightforwardly to the steamed container containing the rava dhokla.
Or on the other hand unmould the rava dhokla cautiously on a serving plate and afterward cut and temper the cuts. You can utilize any of the techniques.
To get ready treating for dhokla, heat oil in a little container. You can utilize nut oil or any nonpartisan seasoned oil.
8. First add the mustard seeds. Allow them to pop.
9. Then, at that point, add cumin seeds and permit them to splutter. Then, at that point, add the asafoetida (hing), white sesame seeds and curry leaves and sear for certain seconds.
Switch off the intensity. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water to the treating. Be cautious as the oil is hot and adding water would make a lavish expenditure. So add the water cautiously and from a protected distance.
10. Pour the treating combination uniformly over the sooji dhokla.
11. Top with some hacked coriander leaves or newly ground coconut. Cut and serve warm or cool with a side chutney like green chutney or mint chutney or papapa chutney.