Methi Matar Malai (likewise spelled Methi Mutter Malai) is a luxurious North Indian curry made with fenugreek leaves, green peas and cream. Smooth, velvety, and rich, this recipe is a reliable victor with children and grown-ups the same. Take a stab at making this scrumptious curry recipe today – you’re certain to cherish it.
methi matar malai in a white bowl with a light blue edge, decorated with a couple of peas and a twig of new coriander.
The most effective method to make Methi Matar Malai
- On the off chance that you want a cooking win, this recipe is for you. Methi (fenugreek leaves), matar (green peas) and malai (cream) are an incredible mix. This recipe is so great, it will try and beat the matar methi malai served in cafés!
- This gentle recipe is really great for youngsters as well – particularly if you have any desire to take care of them fenugreek. There is no sharpness by any means! As a matter of fact, this yummy curry is on the better side because of the cream, onions and cashews.
- Both fenugreek leaves and its seeds have a ton of medical advantages. So make certain to remember them for your feasts.
- This recipe roused from Asha Khatau’s cookbook Epicure’s Vegetarian Cuisines of India has forever been a hit at home! Each and every time I make it, I am astonished at how great it tastes.
- I likewise love that it is an effectively versatile recipe – in the event that you’re cooking for a group, go ahead and twofold or triple it! As composed, this methi matar malai recipe will make around 4 servings with roti.
- Similarly as with most Indian curries, methi mumble malai works out in a good way for Indian flatbreads like Naan, Paratha, Chapati or Tandoori Roti. It additionally works out positively for plain bubbled basmati rice or Jeera Rice.
Instructions to make Methi Matar Malai
Make Onion Cashew Paste
1. In a processor or blender container, add 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
2. Add ⅓ cup cleaved onions.
3. Add ¼ cup cashews.
crude cashews added to processor container.
4. Next add 1 teaspoon slashed garlic cloves, 1 teaspoon ginger and 1 teaspoon green chilies.
garlic, ginger and green chilies added to processor container.
5. Drudgery to a smooth and fine glue. On the off chance that the sharp edges are experiencing issues turning, you can add a tablespoon or two of water while crushing.
tablespoon brimming with glue for making methi matar malai recipe to show the consistency. It seems to be a marginally dirty cake hitter.
6. Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee or a nonpartisan enhanced oil in a skillet or kadai until sparkle. Add the glue to the warmed container.
7. Sauté the glue, mixing frequently.
sautéing the glue to make methi matar malai recipe.
8. Sauté till you see the oil delivering and the glue leaves the sides of the skillet. You don’t need to brown the glue.Mix frequently to guarantee that the glue doesn’t adhere to the dish. In the event that it sticks, add some water. Glue is prepared since it has accumulated around itself and the oil is setting free from the sides
Sauté Methi (Fenugreek Leaves)
9. Add 1 cup slashed fenugreek leaves (methi). Prepare the leaves ahead before you start the cooking by first flushing them completely in water 3 to multiple times. Depleting all the water, then, at that point, hack the leaves and put away.
10: Mix well and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes on low intensity.
sautéing fenugreek leaves with glue for making methi matar malai recipe.
11. Then, add ½ cup water or the green peas stock (the water wherein the green peas were cooked) in two sections. You can add both of these fluids as required.
12. Blend well overall.
13. Stew the sauce for 3 to 4 mins.
14: Next, add ½ cup bubbled matar (green peas).
However new green peas taste best, you can utilize frozen peas as well. To cook green peas, simply add them in enough water and bubble till the peas are finished. Try not to discard the water. Utilize the green peas stock rather than water for much more character!
15. Presently add ½ cup light cream or low-fat cream. In the case of utilizing natively constructed malai, then, at that point, blend chilled malai with a whisk or in a little blendertill smooth.
TIP: For weighty or whipping cream, add just ¼ cup.
16. Blend well indeed.
blending in the cream and peas into the methi matar malai recipe.
17. Stew methi mumble malai curry for 5 to 6 minutes, blending at stretches. On the off chance that the consistency looks excessively thick for your enjoying, add a touch of water to somewhat thin the consistency.
18. Finally, add ½ teaspoon every one of sugar and salt. Blend once more and stew briefly. Add pretty much sugar to taste, or skip it by and large.
At this step, alternatively you can sprinkle 2 to 3 portions of Garam Masala Powder.
adding salt and sugar.
19. Methi matar malai is presently prepared to serve. How simple was that?
hand holding a spoon of combination – methi matar malai recipe is finished!
20: Garnish with coriander leaves (cilantro) and serve Methi Matar Malai with Indian flatbreads like naan, paratha, or chapati. It additionally works out positively for plain steamed basmati rice or saffron rice or jeera rice.