A famous Indian curry, Methi Matar Malai consolidates new methi leaves with green peas and velvety in a sweet, rich and smooth curry.
▢3 teaspoons oil or ghee isolated
▢1 teaspoon cumin seeds
▢1 green bean stew hacked
▢1/2 inch ginger slashed
▢2-3 enormous garlic cloves hacked
▢2 green cardamom cases
▢1 medium onion slashed
▢1.5 tablespoons broken cashews
▢1 teaspoon poppy seeds khus
▢1/4 cup milk
▢1/2 cup water
▢1.5 cups slashed methi fenugreek leaves
▢salt to taste, around 1/2 teaspoon
▢3/4 cup green peas frozen, which were absorbed warm water for 10 minutes prior
▢1/2 cup weighty cream
▢garam masala to sprinkle
1. Heat oil in a skillet on medium intensity. When the oil is hot, add the cumin seeds and hold on until they sizzle. Add the green stew, hacked ginger, garlic and green cardamom. Saute briefly. You don’t have to fine slash the ginger and garlic as we will mix this later on. garlic, ginger, bean stew, cumin seeds being sautéed in a container
2. Then, at that point, add the generally cleaved onion, cashews and poppy seeds (khus). Sauté for 2-3 minutes until the onions are delicate and clear. slashed onion, cashews, flavors in a container
3. Then, at that point, eliminate the container from intensity and let it cool down a little. Move the whole combination to a blender and mix to a smooth glue.
4. white variety mixed glue
5. To a similar skillet currently add the excess 1.5 teaspoon of oil. When hot add the pre-arranged glue to the dish and cook for few moments until the crude smell goes totally.
6. white thick glue being cooked in oil
7. Then add the milk and water and give it a decent blend. Ensure there are no bumps.
8. white variety curry in a pot
9. Allow the combination to come to a slight bubble and afterward add the slashed methi and mix. 10. Likewise, add the salt and blend.
11. new fenugreek leaves being added to a white curry
12. Presently, add the frozen green peas (which were absorbed warm water for 10 minutes) and blend.
13. Cook for 2 minutes.
14. green peas being added to curry
15. Then add the cream and blend.
16. cream being added to a curry
17. Cover the container and let it stew on medium-low fire for 4 to 5 minutes.
18. At long last eliminate the top and sprinkle some garam masala on top and switch off the intensity.
19. a green variety pot covered with a top Serve methi matar malai with naan, roti or rice!
Use coconut milk instead of milk and cream to make this recipe vegetarian.
I energetically suggest utilizing new methi here. Try not to substitute it with dried fenugreek leaves, the taste isn’t same.