Gujarati Khakhra is a fresh crunchy nibble produced using entire wheat flour and methi leaves. These tasty roti-papad can be appreciated whenever of the day. Serve Khakhra as a break time nibble alongside some tea.
Preethi, presently seen as a monster in the business, had an unassuming start in 1978. From a little blender processor brand, it has developed into a broadly rumored kitchen machines organization. Auto-Cooker/Warmers, Induction Cooktops, Electric Pressure Cookers and Coffee Makers are only a couple among our items to enter the hearts and kitchens of numerous families across the world. What’s more, these are the families that motivate us to improve. Each Preethi apparatus is productive, contemporary and simple to utilize. What’s more, it continues to develop to help and frequently work on the way of life of numerous a group.
The Gujarati Khakhra is a tidbit produced using entire wheat flour and is served for breakfast, tea or even taken as a movement nibble. It is healthy as it is produced using entire wheat flour and gently enhanced with fixings like fenugreek, turmeric and asafoetida.
A ton of difficult work goes into making them particularly on the off chance that you live in a joint family where you need to make a 100 or more at a time and stock them. In spite of the fact that it is promptly accessible in the retail locations nowadays there is an exceptional taste when you make them at home.
Serve Gujarati Khakhra Recipe alongside Jowar Dhani Chivda and Masala Chai for your break time snacks.
2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
2 tablespoons Methi Leaves (Fenugreek Leaves) , finely slashed
1/4 teaspoon Red Chili powder
1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
2 tablespoons Oil , something else for making the khakra
Salt , to taste
You could utilize the follow as elective fixings to the fenugreek leaves
Cumin seeds (Jeera) , coarsely beat
Dry ginger powder
Spinach Leaves (Palak) , cooked and pureed
Mint Leaves (Pudina) , dried or new
Natively constructed tomato puree
Step by step instructions to make Methi Khakhra Recipe – Gujarati Savory Crispy Flat Bread
- To start making the Gujarati Methi Khakhra Recipe, we will initially make the mixture. In an enormous bowl, consolidate the entire wheat flour, fenugreek leaves, red bean stew powder, asafoetida powder, turmeric powder, oil and salt to taste.
- Massage by adding little water at a time, till it turns out to be solid mixture. Cover and let the Khakra batter rest for fifteen minutes and massage once more. Partition the batter into twenty equivalent segments.
- Carry out the each ball into exceptionally slender circles by cleaning on flour as and when expected to forestall adhering to the base.
- Heat an iron skillet in medium high intensity; add one carried out part of the Khakra mixture. When you notice a couple of air pockets jumping out flip the moved mixture.
- Smear a teaspoon of oil around it and utilizing a wooden press do a press and turn movement not permitting the mixture to foster air pockets. Proceed with this squeezing and turning for a couple of moments on medium intensity.
- Flip over proceed with the press and turn movement on medium intensity until the Khakra is totally fresh.
- Take the Khakhra off from intensity and put it on a level plate. Proceed with something very similar with the other carried out segments of the Khakra mixture and stack the Khakra one on top of the other.
- When the Khakhra is cooled totally store the them in an impermeable holder. These Khakras stay new outside for around fourteen days and refrigerated for about a month.
- Serve Gujarati Khakhra Recipe alongside Jowar Dhani Chivda and Masala Chai for your break time snacks.