Vattayappam is a keralan style steamed rice cake made with matured rice hitter which has yeast in them. It is generally presented with chicken curry, lamb stew or sambar.
I needed to make this recipe for quite a while. At long last I made it few days back. This specific recipe is really simple to make since it utilized rice flour. I made this less sweet and served it with Kuttanadan chicken curry. In any case, you can add more sugar and serve it as a bite.
Kerala style vattayappam recipe made utilizing rice flour cooked rice and it very well may be made quickly. This specific recipe taste astonishing and is really simple to make.
Assuming you are catching wind of this recipe interestingly. This is like our aapam. However, it is steamed in a skillet which is round so it is called as vattayappam. It is presented with any zesty curries like Palakkad chicken curry, lamb curry or even hamburger.
You can serve appam with Egg Korma or Egg Pulusu or any zesty sauce. Be that as it may, the best combo is with Amma’s Varutharacha Urulai Kilangu Korma.
Instructions to MAKE VATTAYAPPAM
- Take rice flour in a bowl, add water and blend well.
- Put away.
- Include cooked rice and coconut in a blender and drudgery to a smooth glue.
- Add rice flour blend, salt, sugar, yeast and toil well.
- Empty this into a bowl. The hitter must be minimal thick like idli player.
- Presently cover and let this age for 3 to 4 hours.
- Presently blend the hitter, add water if necessary. Add baking powder if necessary and blend well.
- Pour this in a lubed dish and steam for 30 mins.
- Eliminate and cool for 5 mins.
- Presently un form and present with chicken curry.
- Generally vattayappam is made with splashed rice which is ground to a glue and afterward matured. This is quick moment variant.
- Try not to add an excessive amount of yeast it might give sharp taste.
- On the off chance that you over steam it might get dry.
- Store steamed vattayappam in a meal to keep warm.