Olan recipe with bit by bit photographs – Olan is a scrumptious curry Made with white pumpkin (debris gourd or kumbalanga), cowpeas (red lobia or chawli) and coconut milk. Without gluten and vegetarian.
This straightforward simple curry or stew is one of the dishes that is served during the onam sadhya.
Olan is a light and gentle curry with kinds of coconut milk, curry leaves and cowpeas. Since olan is a coconut milk based curry, subsequently it coordinates very well with steamed rice. On the off chance that conceivable you can serve it with Kerala red rice (matta rice).
I will be sharing a couple of Kerala recipes and olan is one of them. Some curry recipes from the Kerala cooking which I have proactively shared are Vegetable stew, Kootu curry and Kalan. I have been making olan in the wake of adjusting it from the fundamental Kerala cookbook.
Debris gourd otherwise called white pumpkin is for the most part used to make olan. Be that as it may, you might in fact utilize yellow pumpkin (kaddu) all things considered. Red cowpeas (red lobia) are included the curry. However dark looked at peas can be effortlessly subbed.
Instructions to make olan
1. Flush and splash ½ cup red cowpeas (lobia) short-term.
2. Following day channel all the water and flush the cowpeas once more. Channel the additional water.
3. Presently add the absorbed cowpeas a 2 liter strain cooker. Likewise add ¼ teaspoon salt.
4. Add 1.5 cups water and tension cook on a medium fire for 3 to 4 whistles or 8 to 9 minutes till the cowpeas are delicate and cooked well.
5. When the strain settles down, open the cover and check in the event that the cowpeas are cooked well. Keep to the side.
6. Flush and afterward strip 300 grams of debris gourd. Cleave them in medium blocks. Dispose of the seeds and essence. You will require 2 cups of slashed debris gourd.
7. In a skillet, take the slashed debris gourd. Likewise, add 7 to 8 curry leaves and 3 to 4 green chilies (cut). Season with salt according to taste.
8. Presently add ¾ to 1 cup water. Rather than water, you can likewise utilize meager coconut milk.
9. Cover the container and on a low to medium fire stew till the debris gourd is cooked.
10. In the middle between do check when the debris gourd is cooking and in the event that expected you can add some more water.
11. The debris gourd must be cooked till its delicate.
12. There will be some water staying in the dish and its fine. Yet, do ensure that it’s anything but a ton of water. You might pound a portion of the debris gourd on the off chance that you need.
13. Presently add the cooked cowpeas. Try not to add the stock. Simply add the cowpeas.